Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

You Are The First Line Of Defense

Someone told me I needed to point out the good people and companies in my blog. I guess it IS easier to read all happy happy joy joy stuff, but that isn't an accurate reflection of the world we live in.

Our capitalism experiment in this country has led to some pretty outrageous nonsense and we either have chosen to participate or look the other way for the most part. Now we are basically screwed. The US Supreme Court just dealt the final blow to anything resembling a fair and un-corrupt government by saying that there can be no limits on what a person donates to a campaign.

That means that the oligarchy is on and the representative government is now a government representative of the distribution of wealth. By my count, that means that 1% of the population now controls the government. If their goals were to make this a better country I wouldn't care, but the goal is to continue consolidating wealth until the 1% is 1/2% or 1/4%.

If there were unlimited potential wealth that wouldn't be so bad but that is not the case either. There is a finite amount of wealth and the more the Koch brothers and their ilk consolidate the less there is for anyone else. That is just the facts folks and they are not happy happy joy joy facts.

I can no longer picture a United States that has a chance of avoiding this outcome. When you can't count on Congress or the Supreme Court to have your back you might as well read up on the duties of a serf because that is what we have, through apathy and inaction, guaranteed for future generations.

We suck. We got greedy and let this happen. We ignored every person that warned us and instead called them granolas, or enviros, or paranoid conspiracy theorists and now it has bit us right in our flabby asses.

That's about as upbeat as I can be right now. My plan is to live as close to the earth as I can for as long as I am still on this planet. I will be as compassionate a tenant as I can be to world. That's the best I can do.

Be very well. Peace, and more soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment