Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

70 Steps Forward - 20 Steps Back

That's the current situation. Starting 3 years ago I lost 70 lbs and now have put 20 back on. My low was at the end of our Peru and Ecuador trip in October 2010 when I weighed in at 200 lbs.

We got home and my right foot needed time to rest to heal according to the doc so I rested it up to 218 lbs. Since then I have been waging a yo-yo battle over the ground between 210 and 220. Why? I haven't been consistent with exercise.

My diet has improved - gotten cleaner - with more good stuff and less bad like dairy, but my walks with Athena have gotten spotty at best. We went for our normal 6.7 mile route Saturday and I am still feeling it.

When this began I was more committed to getting to the end and continually increased the exercise as necessary to keep the weight heading down, but since our return from South America I have struggled to stay focused.

So I need to stop lamenting the past and remember that it is easier to KEEP going than it is to GET going and build on my Saturday walk with more of the same. I know my 4 legged workout partner will agree that is the best way to go.

Wish me good walks.

Be very well and more - hopefully exercise filled posts - soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment