Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Perfect Training Partner

How would you describe the perfect workout partner? Those of you who describe them as someone who just leaves you alone so you can sleep in won't like my description.

My perfect training partner has great stamina and enthusiasm, never has a day when they just don't feel like getting some exercise, and can always do a little more than you can. They are also happy to work with you at your pace but they are always ready to push you a little harder.

Finding another person who will put their own health second so you can get yours where you want it seems nearly impossible. Luckily, my training partner isn't a person at all. Athena meets all the requirements above. She never quits, always wants to go the longer route at a faster pace, and does it with a smile on her face.

They are not running out of these training partners at the local dog pounds, and the little critters are ready to help.

On another subject, Athena caught some guy in a van looking at her as we turned a corner on our walk today. She took to staring at him so he took to staring back. I wish I had a video camera. The two of them looked ridiculous. They were killing me! She has a bad habit of scanning cars looking for "fans." There is no way we could have known when we named her that she actually was a goddess.

I have continued inventing with the Sprouted Bean Trio that I talked about earlier. I tossed some with some short grain brown rice we had left over as well as some freshly roasted corn and chilis, tomatoes, and some spices - cumin, pepper, salt. It was a great summer salad!

Athena and I got in a pair of 6.7 mile walks this week. On Saturday Pam and I are hiking Eagle Peak in Mt Rainier National Park and then hanging around in Ashford for the Mountain Festival. It should be fun.

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment