Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thanks And Here's A Great Product

First, I want to thank all of my readers for having too much time on their hands. I have over 1000 page views on this blog! It's so much pressure to perform now. I'll try to be interesting.

I was at Costco this week and one item I needed was Quinoia. Costco has an organic product by Tru Roots. As I grabbed the quinoia I saw another Tru Roots organic item called Sprouted Bean Trio. I read the directions and a recipe on the bag and decided to try it. This stuff cooks in 15 minutes and has 1/2 gram of fat, 11 grams of fiber, 11 grams of protein, and 10 mgs of sodium in 160 calories!

I'm going to go ahead and call it Super Food!. Yesterday I made an Italian version of the Salad recipe they had on the bag with tomatoes, basil, scallions, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Tonight I made a spicier version with tomatoes, some roasted chilis (think Anaheims) cumin, Thai Basil, Red onion, garlic, salt and pepper.

You add 1 cup of the beans to 3 cups of water in a pan - bring to a boil - cover and reduce heat to simmer 5 minutes - turn off and let sit for 10 minutes then drain off the liquid. That's it! During the cook and rest you have plenty of time to "Dog It Out" however you choose. You could just add some organic marinara, some fresh pesto, or fresh peas or green beans. You could get all brave and toss some curry in a pan and toast it a little then add some Greek yogurt and make a thickish sauce and serve the beans with some wild or brown rice.

Don't get me going! This stuff will be a staple around here from now on. Anything you use lentils for you could substitute this stuff.

See, I don't just yap about all the crap "food" out there. Sometimes I find something nice to say.


More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment