Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back To Athena - For Dog's Sake

We crossed over the 5000 mile mark today and it struck me that Athena has invented her own RV groove. While she started out drooling and scratching the crap out of my legs she now has a calm and serene approach to RV travel.







What she wants from me mostly is to lay her head on my leg WITHOUT me touching her. If I touch her she grouses and moves to Pam's side. Pam can touch her, but I can't. I guess I don't do it right.





All of the packing seemed great until the last couple of days. Athena has had more of an appetite lately and we are now down to 2 days worth of food with 4 1/2 days to go. I hate to buy another 40 lb bag of food when there is half that much at home. I guess we are keeping her for a while longer.

We find ourselves in Coeur D'Alene Idaho tonight. We began at Bank's Lake Washington which was 30 feet low due to maintenance on the Grand Coulee Dam. We were told they only do it every 20 years so I guess we were lucky to see it - or not - I don't know.

The weather is nice - mid 60's and mostly sunny. That will hold us as we go back to Spokane tomorrow.

It struck me today that if you travel there from the right direction - say from Grand Coulee - Spokane can be seen as an oasis of sorts. The same will not be true from here.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment