Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater

In honor of Halloween I dressed Athena as a fashionable dog with a nice, new fleece jacket and a homemade dog scarf who has humans who over-indulge her.

I dressed as an over-indulgent human who likes to be drug along at a stupid fast pace by a dog and I finished it off with my Alpaca wool Andean knit hat.

We then headed out for 6.7 miles in 1:26 so we could be seen because Halloween costumes must be seen and the I realized that we dress like this 3 times a week this time of year even when there is no holiday. I wonder how many people thought we were dressed up for Halloween.

Scary, Huh?

So you are asking why the One Eyed... Well, if I walk to the tempo of that song I average a little over 4.8 MPH. I need to find another tune with the same tempo. I'm tired of that one.

I decided to drop the yogurt from my diet since it has been making me flemmy and I replaced it with Almond milk which is easy to make.

You soak 1 cup of almonds in water for 12 hours, drain and rinse them. Then you put them in a blender with 1 1/2 cups of water and some soaked dates or raisins - 3 dates or 1/4 cup of raisins and 1/2 tsp or Vanilla and blend until smooth. Then add another cup of water and blend some more. Pour the whole thing through a fine mesh sieve and work the material with a rubber spatula until all of the liquid is through then toss the extra pulp. Done! Easy right?

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment