Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Revolving Resolving

This is the time when we are supposed to decide what we are going to change for 2 or 3 weeks at the start of the year. We announce our intentions and then give the idea up as quickly as we can. I have a different idea.

I think the problem with change comes when we make them for some specified amount of time and have them be overly complicated. That being said, I have an easy resolution that will last a lifetime.

I resolve to get stronger and faster and more fit until I can't get any faster or stronger. Then I plan to hold on to that level of fitness as long as I can and then fight to hold onto what I can for as long as I can until I'm just too old to do it anymore.

It seems like the right thing to do especially since the alternative is to go to step 3 and give into old age and illness before the time actually comes to do it. I plan to have us be that cute old couple that blew by someone you know on some mountain trail somewhere.

This I resolve to all 8 of my loyal readers.

Be ridiculously well and more soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment