Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Finally and Fast

So I woke up and weighed in at 206 lbs. I finally got off of my 207 plateau which has been bummin' me out for a month or so. I know a pound doesn't seem like much, but when you are working at it and get stuck a pound is everything.

Brimming with energy from my HUGE weight loss Athena took me on our 6.7 mile route in 1:23 which is 12:23 miles or 4.8 MPH! I didn't think I could walk that fast, especially since we have been pulling 4.4 to 4.5 MPH lately. My heart rate monitor had me running between 140 and low 150's which is a good zone for me to work in. Maybe not everyday but every now and then.

We are getting what the military boys call "short." We are less than 3 weeks away from our RV trip through the Utah National Parks, Grand Canyon and a couple of other National Monuments in Arizona, Vegas - I mean it's on the way. We have to go - Death Valley, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Tahoe, Crater Lake, Wine country in Washington, North Cascades, and a college reunion in Spokane.

I am researching the Whole Foods stores locations, and we will try our best to stock up at as many farmers' markets as we can. I am also looking into "tethering" our smart phones to the laptop for Internet access.

We have worked all of the bugs we could think of out of the RV. The awning works great. We know how to switch over to the generator when we need to. We added a water filter to the galley sink for drinking water. I retrofitted some storage solutions in the berth over the cab. Now we just need time to pass so we can get gone (as they say in the hood).

I have also been stalking the organic berry girl at the local farmers' markets. We have been vacuum sealing and freezing a lot of berries and peaches so we have a supply later in the year. With the peaches and raspberries you need to freeze them on a cookie sheet first and then vacuum seal them so they don't get smashed. The blueberries and blackberries you can stop the suction early and they do fine.

More soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment