Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Fourth Time Could Have Been A Charm

We decided to change our snowshoe plans twice last weekend. First we decided not to do Lena lake on Saturday and go check out SunTop cabin in the Mount  Tahoma Trails Association system on Sunday instead. The cabin had burned down and they have been rebuilding it for a while. Sunday, as we were heading to the trailhead it was getting nice out near the trail so we decided to head up to High Hut - also in the MTTA system to try for the great views possible from there on a nice day.

I have been to High Hut 3 times before and have little to show photographically. As I was getting my gear on I realized that I had left my camera on the bar at home. Luckily Pam had her trusty point and shoot so up we went.

We were accompanied by Xavier and Sherrie for our journey. We reached the hut and were greeted by a 2/3rds view of Mount Rainier as well as a full view of Mt St Helens.






No matter where we go outdoors it seems P[am runs into someone she met in a climbing class or something and Sunday was no exception. These guys were in a Climbing Volcanoes" class she took.



We waited a good half hour waiting for the last clouds to clear from Mt Rainier, but it wasn't to be so we headed down the trail for home. I guess I still have a date with High Hut on another clear day. Maybe I'll even remember my camera.



More soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment