Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Natural Resources

It's time to list some of my favorite sources for food and health stuff. It's easy to talk about switching over to organic spices, but knowing where to get them at a decent price is another thing. So here we go.

I use Spicesinc.com for spices. They have an organic section which makes it easy. They do free shipping for orders over $35.00. I have been ordering 8 oz bags which fill a pint size ball jar. My favorites of their products are the Saigon Cinnamon and their Medium Heat Curry Powder. All of their stuff is good - those 2 just stand out.

For dry organic beans I use Amazon.com . They have Eden Organics Garbanzos and Bergin Nut Company's Black, red, etc.  Amazon is also a great source for organic popcorn with the Eden Organics product. It pops nice and tastes great and you won't become a pesticide producing organism eating it. Nice bonus, huh? You can set up a subscription and get a lower price if it is something you know you will reorder anyway.

For Organic cereals, flours, and meals Bobsredmill.com is great. They have tons of stuff. The trick with their site is to just see the organics or the gluten free stuff you go to "filter" on the right hand side of the page and then select either organic or gluten free. Then it only shows the stuff you pick.

I have been buying our probiotic from Vitacost.com. They have good products and good prices and you can set up a subscription purchase like Amazon if you just want the stuff to come so you don't run out.

For organic nut butters like peanut, almond and hazelnut I like Amazon.com. If you are ordering a lot from Amazon you should do their Prime deal where you get free 2 day shipping and streaming movies for $79.95 a year. I also use them for coffee because they have a great tasting organic and fair traded coffee available from Camano Roasters.

I know I'm missing some sources so just ask me in a comment and I'll pass it on.

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment