Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Getting Good At Maintaining

That's easy to say since I have been at the same weight for more than a year. That would be great if I wasn't 15 pounds from where I want to be. The old saying that the last 10 or 15 pounds are the hardest to lose is, at best, a cop out and at worst crap.

I know what I need to do and I haven't been doing it. That IS the answer. Luckily, I have the tools to keep my weight where it is, but to take the last step I have to recommit to exercise and that means some cross training.

Since we have a full gym in the basement complete with elliptical, stair stepper, ergometer (rowing machine) and bikes on wind trainers it shouldn't be so hard, but I hate to workout indoors. Give me a pack and a trail and I'm a happy camper (hiker?), but on an ergometer in the gym I am instantly bored and uninspired.

I can walk fast for an hour every day in the sun wearing shorts, but by the time I gear up for a walk in the rain and wind blah.

I have said in prior posts that you should tell others what you are doing and where you plan to go so here I am telling all of you that I am going to make the last push no matter what it takes to lose the last 15 pounds.

To begin I am going to seek out a yoga studio where I can work on my flexibility and core strength. I will also get back to walking rain or shine with Athena. I will make an effort to use the ergometer as well. I know Pam will like the potential of some ab definition.

That's what I'm going to do. If you need to tell someone what you are going to do to get to a better you there is no time like the present to take step number one. That is true even if you are doing it for the 50th time.

More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment