Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Necessary Recipe

So for the first time in almost 3 years I have a bit of a cold. When I used to get them they hit like a ton of bricks, but this one is like a little concrete packed into my sinuses. I decided to go to the past and do some spicy soup to help ease the symptoms.

I was a Hot and Sour Soup fan, but MSG, GMO soy, and chicken stock are not high on my ingredient list these days so I came up with a Spicy Tomato Curry Soup with Kale instead.

All you need is a 16 oz can of an Organic Tomato Soup. You DON'T want a creamy one because the dairy will make your symptoms worse. All you do is chop up about 4-5 oz of kale (A rather large pile) about 8 good size basil leaves and toss them in a pan with the soup. Add 1 Tbsp of a medium spicy curry, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, and one finely diced Thai chili. Add about 1/4 cup additional water to the mix, bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low for 10 -15 minutes.

The spicy curry and chili pepper will clear your sinuses and provide some relief so you won't be a whiny butt pee pee pants when your spouse or whoever you might live with comes home. 

Athena and I did get a 6.7 mile walk in yesterday in 1:20. We didn't do much Monday or today so far.

Be well and more soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment