Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

An Extra Four Days As Predicted

As I descended from Mt St Helens Saturday I had already figured that my punishment for climbing while sick would be a 4 day extension of my cold. It turns out that I was right. I sniffled and coughed my way through the week and didn't get Athena out for any walks at all.

She is hip to the program, however and didn't push too hard. Instead, she went with her empathic caretaker program and did her best to make me better. Now we are planning a hike Saturday after we shop at Whitackers big sale in Ashford. There are a couple of things we can use to fill out our hiking/backpacking/climbing gear.

It has been a great week weather wise and the tomatoes and peppers have been coming in bunches. Tonight I will make some Marinara from tomatoes we grew. The basil and other herbs will, likewise, be from our crops. I LOVE PICKING DINNER! It takes a little work to get going, but when the prizes start coming it is fantastic.

I am currently drying some seeds for next years' starts. I am even drying some from my mutant volunteer summer squash plants. The meat is a little sweet, but not butternut squash sweet, so I have found lots of uses. Yesterday I stuffed Chili Rellanos with it. They were great!

If it's not too smoky from fires in central Washington tomorrow, I'll post some pictures. We are heading to Gobbler's Knob which is a fire lookout just inside Mt Rainier National Park.

Be well and more soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment