Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

So Where Was I? Oh Yeah.

So I have been lazy about the walking the dog and writing the blog lately. I admit it and plan to do better. You fall down - you get back up, right?

Today the Doggess Athena took me for a 6.7 mile walk. She was a little disappointed in my pace, but we did manage 4.7+ MPH so she wasn't too upset.

We have been in full harvest mode around here. I have so many larger ones right now that I will have to skin and store some. I just do a quick blanching - 25 or 30 seconds and then the skin comes right off. I dice them and toss them in a vacuum seal bag with  a basil leaf. They store great like that.



The cherry tomatoes have been fantastic as well. If you've been to the store you know how much they get for them and these are all organic which would be even more. I'm not looking forward to buying them again when our crops are all gone.

Our peppers also have done really well. I have dried plenty for my chili powder and hot sauce needs for the next year. This batch will be a little smokier than in the past because I have had a ton of Thai chilis as well as a very productive Purira chili plant. That bad boy brings some nice heat.

We have some young kale growing still. That stuff will grow through the winter and we eat a lot of kale around here. I already have some ideas to expand what and where we grow stuff next year. It has reached sickness level for me now.

My next post I'm going to report on the stuff that my fast food buddies have been advertising lately.

Be well and more soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment