Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's Your Choice

Every time you sit down to eat you make choices for your body. Each way you can go leads to unavoidable consequences. There is a lot of folks who will point to their weight or their size or their activity level and say "I can eat whatever I want."

Wrong. You do the same damage to your system and expose yourself to the same risks whether you are a size 2 or 22 and whether you run everyday or only when being chased by someone who is armed.

This is what I mean.

When you eat something that is nutritious your body immediately goes to work using those nutrients to energize, heal and protect your body on a cellular level. I eat these huge salads that are mainly kale and I get what is easiest described as a buzz almost instantly. It's a blast of energy that lasts a long time.

When you eat stuff that is not nutritious your body has an immediate "white cell response." It detects what you have eaten as a bacteria or poison and goes to work to isolate and destroy it. There is little energy produced because of the white cell response. There is no healing and no protection at all.

The sugars and sodium go right to work eroding your blood vessels. The fat finds it's way to you vital organs and builds up - restricting their proper function. That is the essence of what I mean when I say "If you aren't nourishing your body you are punishing it."

The easiest way to make better food choices is to shop better. Don't buy cookies and chips and pop. I can hear the horror - "What are my kids supposed to eat, Paully?" If you shouldn't eat this crap neither should they. Makes sense - right?

Athena drug me 6.7 miles today. We only averaged 4.9 MPH and she was dragging leash by the end.

Be well - in fact be really well and more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment