Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

First Load And The Wheelbarrow Handle Breaks/ I'm Glad I Didn't Toss The NordicTrack

We decided that our wonderful southern exposure shouldn't be wasted growing grass so we added close to 200 Sq Ft of raised beds.

The soil arrived around 9 this morning and I got to filling the beds up. As I rounded the corner with the first load the handle failed on the wheelbarrow and I lost half the load. I first thought about heading to the home improvement store, but decided to attempt a repair first.



I headed to the garage and spotted the foot rails for the NordicTrack that I have yet to get rid of and saw what I needed. A couple of lag bolts and some deck screws and I was back in business.



6 yards of soil later I had the beds full and decided to get the blueberries and half of the kale planted in there. They had all been suffering where they were before. The kale was in a too shallow bed and was too close together. Now it has it's own 4' x 12' bed that is almost a foot deep.


 


The blueberries will hopefully like the end of the big bed. Otherwise we suck and should not be allowed to have blueberries.

I still have about 4 yds of soil left and maybe 2 yards of need, so I am hoping one of the neighbors is interested in hauling the rest away.



I might be a little sore right now.

Be very well and more soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment