Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Good Stuff At Great Prices

Part of eating organic is knowing where to get the stuff you want at prices you can afford. I have a number of great reasons to get or keep you Costco card.

Newer additions:

Nutiva Chia Seeds
Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Townsend Frozen Organic Blueberries
Kirkland Brand Organic Tomato products
S&W Organic Black Beans

Back in stock:

Frozen Organic Corn


Regular items:

Truroots Quinoa
Truroots Sprouted Rice and Quinoa
Short grain Organic Brown Rice
Garafolo Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti and organic pasta shapes
Dave's Killer breads
Earthbound Farms Organic Baby Kales
Earthbound Farms Organic Mixed Greens
Earthbound Farms Organic Spinach
Earthbound Farms Organic Brocolette
Earthbound Farms Organic Carrots
Kirkland Organic Rice Milk
Kirkland Organic Soy Milk

Seasonal Now:

Fresh Organic Blueberries

Gone from stock is the Truroots Sprouted Bean Trio which makes me very sad.

I realize they have other organic products and I listed a couple I don't use like the soy milk. They have had organic apples in the past, but not lately.

I try to cruise the Grocery Outlet Bargain Market weekly to look for anything they might have. It's always hit and miss, but here are some of the things they have.

Annie's Organic Pretzel Bunnies
Canned Organic Beans - usually .99
Organic Greens
Organic potatoes - by the bag
Organic Soups and soup stock
Organic Chili

Trader Joe's has some organics on a table by themselves. Some of the stuff I like are:

Grape Tomatoes
Onions
Avocados
Bell Peppers
Citrus

The rest of the stuff I need I buy from Marlene's and hit Fred Meyers occasionally. Freddy's usually has Organic beans 10 cans for 10 dollars which, if my math skill serve me right, is $1 per can. They have everything from Garbanzos to a 3 bean mix and everything in between.

There is my shopping favorites right now. This weekend the Tacoma's Farmer's Markets kick off in South Tacoma on Sunday. It will be fun to see what they have early. That is normally where I get my berries.

Be well and more soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment