Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Crosstraining?

So, Friday I get a call from a brother who was building a retaining wall and headed over to help. We only got an hour and a half in because of a buried stump that required more than brawn to be gone.

Saturday we lost our minds and helped a friend move. We loaded and unloaded one moving truck and loaded it a second time.

Sunday we headed out for a hike by Mowich lake on the Carbonado side of Mt Rainier. Our 6.5 mile fairly flat hike was aborted by a closed road so we hiked the Paul Peak trail to the Mowich river - all downhill and back up - 7.2 miles roundtrip.







We knocked out the hike in 3 hours somehow. I was dying from carrying furniture upstairs on Saturday, but it didn't slow us down much.


Today I had to take Athena for her 6.7 mile route and she was ready to go fast. It was all I could do to keep her down to 4.6 + MPH so we did the 6.7 miles in 1:26.

I think tomorrow I will take a day off from exercise and embrace my soreness instead.


Next post I promise a recipe or two.

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment