Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hmmm Pancackes!

I woke up wanting pancakes. This was a problem because I perfected pancakes over many years. The trick is to use whole milk, butter, raw sugar and to separate the eggs so you can beat the whites and fold them in to make the batter fluffy.

Since I am not eating eggs, milk or butter I had to find a new way. I was able to make really good pancakes with whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, soy milk and olive oil instead. They were fluffy and light like you want and without the animal stuff I am not eating.

The recipe:

1 cup Whole Wheat flour - organic is best
1 cup Brown Rice flour - ditto
2 cups soy creamer
1 tbsp Agave nectar - you can use honey or maple syrup as well
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp water
4 tsp baking powder.

Stir together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another. Mix the wet in with the dry and don't over mix. Lumps are OK here. They will have a little time to go away.

Heat the griddle and oil lightly. Ladle the batter. Cook until good and tan - turn and wait until the pancake pops back when you touch it.

Enjoy them! You CAN feed your Vegan friends!

Last year Pam and I did a 3 day juice cleanse over New Years and then ate Raw food only through January. This year we plan to do plant based foods only. The difference is that we will be able to cook more than last time. We will abstain from alcohol and coffee as well. I'll keep you all up to date on what we are eating, etc. like last time.

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment