Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Taste of Well Cooked Crow

As I get close to 2 years since my healthy light went on I have been reminded often of my old ways. I remember starting many sauces with bacon and fearing running out of bacon. Now I don't eat it at all and consider it poison.

I was no stranger to french fries either and now I am forced to agree with the likes of Jillian Michaels and say that they too are poison.

I drank too much and exercised too little and was sometimes even comforted with statistics that told of average yearly weight gain for men in the US.

I would sometimes Jones for Arby's Roast Beef sandwiches with Arby's sauce - 4 at a time.

I didn't eat nearly enough fruits and vegetables. My main vegetable was canned tomatoes in my meat sauces,

I ate my share and then some of cured meats laden with nitrates and nitrites as well as fat and scoffed at those who warned of the downside of that saying things like "We're all gonna die from something. I'm going to enjoy mt life."

Here is the result of that.



So now I promote healthy eating and exercise. I research food and nutrition in an effort to avoid as many trips to the doctor as possible. I have stopped eating red meat and I don't drink hard alcohol. I rarely eat chicken or turkey and, when I do, I eat organic. I eat wild fish only and not a bunch of it either.

Am I a hypocrite for this? I would be if I wavered. If I went back and forth or justified some things without  any reason.

Do I eat crow for this. Yes I do! I earned a large plate of crow through years of avoidance of the facts. In an age of information we all have a higher level of responsibility to find information that is readily available. Sure there is some crow to eat sometimes but in some cases crow is a good diet food.

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment