Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

She Almost Had Me In Tears Today

In honor of Pam's first day of working from home Athena and I headed out in the frigid fog for a walk. We took our normal 6.7 mile route and she took it easy on me. We averaged 4.8 miles per hour - finishing in 1:23. But that's not what I need to tell you about.

Our route includes about a mile where she gets to be off lead along the train tracks between 74th St and Steilacoom Blvd. Today there was an electrician working on something about 2/3s of the way along the tracks. As we got within about 100 yds of the guy Athena stopped and looked back waiting for me to hook her back up to the leash. I'm telling you the pride welled up in me and I literally almost cried.

Just over 2 years ago her favorite game was to run away from me at every opportunity and now she is anticipating when the right time to get hooked back up is - Wow! She doesn't speak any foreign languages - or English for that matter - and she has yet to split any atoms, but she is clearly the smartest dog we have had as part of our family.

Right now she is making it hard for me to get this post together - trying to lay her head on the laptop.

Anyone looking for a great harness try Tyler DT dog harnesses. We bought our on Amazon.com. It fits her large chest and doesn't bind on her legs. It also looks like it is built for the long haul.

We are off for a 3 day weekend at Pam's Aunt's house in Oregon first thing tomorrow. Maybe we'll get some pictures to share if it's nice there.

More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment