Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Getting The Brrarrggrrrrrahhs Out

I know you're wondering what Brrarrggrrrrrahhs are. They are the exact sound that Athena utters when she has had enough of cabin fever. That is what I was treated to this morning. She had already gone out and noticed it was nice out.

I tried to sneak into the closet and don my walking gear, but you can't hide from a shadow and she was shadowing my every move.

When I started putting the right stuff on she began her pacing with random bird noises. I can never dress fast enough for her. I filled my water bladder for my Camelback and then put her gear on and we were off.

The cabin fever release was a first 2.5 miles at nearly 4.9 MPH. That is where I let her off lead for our mile along the idle train tracks. That allows me to slow to a pace of 4.7 MPH or so for that mile and recover slightly.

Hooked back up she was starting to get the reality of walking super fast and slowed slightly. She never stopped trying to get slower cars to notice her. She pops her head up and prances along hoping to add some fans to the Athena Fan Club. She had mixed results at best.

Our route takes us by a wetland that used to be Flett Dairy property. It was slightly flooded today and there were lots of water birds doing their thing. It was a nice look at spring that I needed with the crazy weather we have been having lately. Athena didn't even notice all the birds. Her focus was on keeping the pace up.

We made the 6.7 mile route in 1:23 and some change. She was tired right away but bounced to her feet when I got ready to go to the store. She is sacked out now though - probably dreaming about another walk.

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment