Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One Muir Recipe For Those In A Hurry

Along with the tomatoes that Muir Glen sent me was some coupons. Two were for free products of my choosing and another for $1 off of a product. I chose their pasta sauce for the two freebies and a can of their crushed tomatoes for the $1 off.

Since we leave for the airport before 4 AM for our Grand Canyon hiking trip I decided to use some of the sauce to make it easy. I started some water to boil and at the same time added some finely chopped onion - 1/2 a medium onion - in a tbsp of olive oil and let them saute a couple of minutes. Then I added 1 jar of the Italian herb pasta sauce from Muir Glen and also 1 tsp of dried basil and let that cook on medium until the pasta was done al dente. I then drained the pasta and added it to the sauce and let it cook while stirring for 2 minutes.

It is really good. So far I have just tasted a little, but when I eat dinner I'll add a little freshly grated Peccorino Romano cheese. Every product I have used from Muir Glen has been top quality stuff. That is the simple trick to being a better cook - use the best ingredients. Simple right?

Next post should have some great pictures from the Grand Canyon.

Be well and more soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment