Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Rattlesnakes Maybe - Bears For Sure- Sasquatches Who Knows

Athena drug Pam and I up the Rattlesnake Lake trail to Grand Prospect which was just over 4 miles and then back for a total of 8.17 miles. She keeps a constant pace pressure so we made the trip in 3 hours including stops.

The trail could easily be named Bear Scratches Bark Off Trees Trail as we counted 21 such trees and I know we didn't count them all.




Luckily we saw no other traces of the bear/bears/Sasquatch (OK it would have been a juvenile bigfoot, but it COULD happen), but some of the bark laying on the ground was VERY fresh. Athena didn't act up so I don't think they had been there for a little while at least.


The trail is pretty like a lot of the trails we hike. This one has some thin trees that form tunnels along the trail that are pretty.




There are also some cute little bridges. The sky was low yesterday so no pictures from the many open areas where you can look over towards Mt Si and other sights.



I never recommend hiking alone anyway, but I would certainly hike with friends on this trail with the obvious bear presence and the not so obvious presence of large cats as well, but this is a pretty trail that has some elevation gain - we did about 2000 feet in 4 miles up - that is less than an hour from Tacoma even if Pam drives. It might be 45 minutes if I drove.

Look forward to a recipe for a potato salad that I just made for a party today. Right now it is teasing my nose.

Be well and more soon....



No comments:

Post a Comment