Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Doin' Time For A Crime You Didn't Commit

I don't think I'm overstating when I say that Wagon Wheel Lake Hike is like doin' time for  a crime you didn't commit. It is not as hard as Mt. Rose which is 15 minutes closer. It doesn't have a good payoff. You are stuck with the workout as the payoff which doesn't really work for me. Here is Wagon Wheel Lake.

Here is the sign as you start the hike.



Really it should say, "Warning! If you want a great payoff on a nice day try Mt. Rose. This hike will leave you tired and unfulfilled unless you happen to be a masochist."


That would be more accurate. Here is the good news. When you are a force of 2 out in the middle of  nowhere the quiet is fantastic and there are some can't miss views.





At the end of the day that's why I put myself through this stuff.


More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment