Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Plateaus And Medium Clothes

I know everyone that has ever tried to lose weight has encountered plateaus along the way. My current one is 207. For weeks now that is what I see on the scale every morning. Hike 15 miles up to Lena Lake - 207. Hike up Granite Mountain 7+ miles - 207. Walk way too fast with Athena - 207.

This stuff would really bum me out if I didn't just walk 6.43 miles with Athena in 1:25 wearing a new MEDIUM size shirt. That's right MEDIUM! Less than 2 years ago I was wearing Extra Large and sometimes XXL. So while the weight isn't currently changing, my body is. I suppose that is the goal anyway. The numbers don't say what your state of health is. The charts all say that I am overweight and will be when I reach my goal of 195. At that point  I really won't care what the charts say. Who writes those charts anyway - some psycho, vegan, meat is murder type? Not that I have anything against vegans. Hell, I may become one. Who knows?

The other good news is the left hip seems to have resolved itself. I couldn't be happier about that. My real goal for all of this stuff is less trips to the Doctor. When I don't feel like exercising I think about the extra trips to the doctor that my laziness would result in. When I feel like some unhealthy food I think about some prescription with the inevitable side effects. This is maybe not the most positive way to stay motivated, but it has been reasonably effective.

How do they sell prescription drugs to anyone with those commercials? Ten seconds on the potential benefits and 90 seconds on all of the terrible things likely to happen to you as side effects. I've sold stuff most of my life and those commercials fail the feature - benefit analysis.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for Summer to begin. I want to have to get up really early to avoid the heat on my walks with Athena. It is nearly 2/3rds of the way through July! I'm not asking too much am I?



Athena thinks that would be good as well.


More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment