Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

First Use Of My Muir Glen Tomato Gift

Back when I had writer's block I alluded to the fact that Muir Glen Organics had sent me some tomatoes and coupons for being a food blogger. I should stick closer to food than I do, but I guess that the moniker works.

The other day I decided to try their Fire roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis and their Dice Tomatoes - No Salt Added in my modified Rice and Beans. I also switched the rice for The Truroots Sprouted Rice and Quinoa Mix. This is what I did.

Super Healthy Rice and Beans

1 can (15 oz) Muir Glen Organics Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
1 Can (15 oz) Muir Glen Diced Tomatoes - no salt added
1 Organic Bell Pepper Diced - I used yellow
1 Medium Organic Red Onion diced
2 Cloves Organic Garlic minced
Olive oil
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 cup dried Truroots Sprouted Bean Trio cooked as directed on package.
1 can (15 oz) Organic Black Beans
Worcestershire Sauce
Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
1 Tbsp Dried Basil
Salt and pepper to taste

1 Cup Truroots Sprouted Rice and Quinoa - Cooked per instructions.

Heat oil in skillet. Add onions and peppers and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute then add both cans of tomatoes and the black beans (drained and rinsed) along with the Spouted bean Trio (cooked). Add all spices and the add the Worcestershire sauce to taste and then the Louisiana Hot Sauce, salt and pepper to taste.

While that simmers on medium low cook 1 cup of Truroots Sprouted Rice and Quinoa mix per instructions. They will both finish at the same time.

Serve some rice in a bowl with the Bean mixture on top and enjoy.

It should look a little like this.



In the words of the guy on TV they called the Cajun Cook "Oooh Wee - I Guarantee!"

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment