Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Duplicate File Numbers = Lost Shots

On the Ozette Triangle backpacking trip last weekend I took so many pictures that I had to go to a second memory card. When I got home I uploaded the pictures from the second card first which included pictures Pam and I got at Cape Flattery after the backpack trip and the group pictures from Sandy Beach where we spent the second night and from the trailhead after the trip.

When I put the first card in and began to upload the computer popped up with a message that there were duplicate file numbers so I THOUGHT I selected the option to copy and use new file numbers and clicked the little box to do that for all the conflicts - pictures. I must have selected wrong because the first batch of pictures is now gone and the cards have been formatted. Ouch!

Here are some of the pics that survived.




I was thinking that 3 miles on a flat hike would be no exercise, but with a 65 lb pack the first day it was a decent amount of work. We were a lot lighter day 2 and even lighter when we hiked out Sunday. I would have liked to see the pictures from Cape Flattery as it is no small effort to get there. You go through Neah Bay and keep going another 3 or 4 miles. Bad Paully!! Bad ! Bad!

More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment