Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

What Does It All Mean?

OK. So Athena walked me just under 20 miles this week. I tried to be good, but she put up with me even with my flaws. So the question is what does that mean in terms of calories burned? I got on to my favorite walking calorie calculator - http://walking.about.com/od/calorie1/Calorie_Calculators.htm - and plugged in the information and it spit out 2724 calories burned. So if I've been good about intake all week I should have lost about .8 lb.

I'm still not sure when I crossed over to the dark side where people have favorite calorie counting websites, but that's another story.

I found a new text messaging driver category today. I was going to let it go but I saw a second one on the same walk so I have to talk about it. She is Mommie Textest. This one sits at the light with her kid in the car, and while the kid is talking to her she is staring at the phone and ignoring the kid. I can only hope she is setting up some tryst or rendezvous and not replying that Yes she will pick up some Bud Light on her way home.

The garden continues to provide us with product. I continue to harvest chilis. At this point we have harvested over 100. Most have been dried for my chili powder, but we have used another 20 or so for different meals.

If the sun would just hang around a little while, the tomatoes would all start getting ripe. There are a few just turning color now, but Paully want's some freshly picked tomatoes! I am now a believer in these self watering containers. I will expand their use next year.

More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment