Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Short On Words

It rarely happens that I have nothing to say. Since my last post Athena has taken me for a couple of her favorite 6.7 mile walks - three I think. She got screwed out of her 1 mile off lead time last week when the Sound Transit security guy was doing whatever it is they do along the tracks. Since there is a no trespassing sign I figured our presence would be enough without letting Athena off lead.

Our tomatoes are ripening which is cool. They are coming along slowly now, but I can see that we will need to do some serious work to get them stored soon. We also have a ton of Thai basil so I made some pesto from it and used it on some lightly grilled squash. It is nice because it has a little extra spiciness.

I continue to harvest and either use or dry chilis. This year I grew Cayenne, Jalapenos, Anaheims, and one that is between the jalapeno and the Anaheim. I have 2 large zip locks full of dried chilis which will become chili sauce and chili powder soon. I could easily harvest 50 or more now if I wanted.

Athena wanted to pass on a tip for weight loss. If you let your dog bum food off of you then you won't eat it yourself and you will eat less calories. Nice huh?

More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment