Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sorry Kid - Pops Doesn't Have The Good Legs Today

Athena tried her best, but was unable to get me up to our normal pace of 4.5 MPH or more. We ended up getting in 6.69 miles in 1:31 so about 4.45 or something. We weren't even doing anything hilly! I was just slow today.

Every year on the 1st weekend in August we have a reunion with my cousins on my Mom's side of the family. We'd need to rent a large hall to do one with my Dad's side as he was one of 9 kids of a Catholic family. The reunion is at my cousin Carrie's house on Lake Tapps. They are those laid back perfect host types with lots of great toys and amenities like a HUGE hot tub, boat, jet skis, a laser sail boat, etc..

I have decided to do a "Pasta" salad with my zucchini "pasta." We are still harvesting some peas - although this is likely the end of them, some green and black beans, peppers, squash, and tons of herbs. I had to buy some organic tomatoes as ours are just barely starting to turn towards red.

I'm thinking I will saute some onion and garlic in some olive oil and then toss in the cherry tomatoes (halved) and let them cook down a little and then toss in some the peas for a minute or 2, then add basil, oregano, and thyme at the end and then pour the whole thing on some squash-getti noodles and let the whole thing hang out for a while so the "noodles" can soften up. Then I'll add some chopped up beans and some fresh tomatoes and some diced up mozzarella and some grated Romano cheese to finish it.

I have until tomorrow to decide so toss me some suggestions to make it better.

I think Athena and I will try walking earlier and see if it's the heat that slowed me down today.

More soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment