Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

And I Don't Even Like U2

Yes I know all the good that Bono does with his money, but I just don't like them. So this morning just before taking off with Athena for a walk I heard "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" on the news.

Like all songs I don't like I couldn't get it out of my head which is a problem when I'm trying to go fast because the tempo is way too slow. Even at double time I am nowhere near where I am shooting for.

Then it hit me - triplets. So I walked triplets over the tune which was making Athena happy so I figured it was appropriately fast. As it turns out it is just under 5 MPH as we averaged 12:05 miles for our 6.7 miles walk.

That gives me one more reason to not like the song - it doesn't work out so that we can go uber fast. Take that Bono!

So I get home and am very sweaty, but we have this nice fog so I headed out to the front yard to deal with 2 plants that needed cutting back. They are these pretty, but crazy spreading vinous plants. I had them most of the way done when I turned and saw my nemesis - ivy.

I quickly finished the initial two plants and then spent the next 1 1/2 hours eradicating ivy. This stuff was here when we moved in 22 years ago and I've cut it back from time to time to stem it's spreading, but never went for the kill. This time I got all Neanderthal on the stuff.

It was wound all around our rhododendron which complicated it's removal, but I stayed in the game and got it all. Now, I'm not dense enough to think I have won the Ivy War, but right now the score is Paully 1 - Ivy 0. We will need to keep our eyesight and health so we can continue to battle the stuff the rest of our natural lives, but for now I get a tiny TADA for my efforts.

Now you know everything I know so get back to what you were doing.

Be well and more soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment