Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

You Can't Judge A Trail By It's Description

I agreed to the Grand Park by the Back Door Trail for Sunday because I hadn't done it before and what the hell. It sounded a little too easy, but Pam does her homework so I figured there must be something to it.

I think everyone should look up the directions and get their asses up that trail! If you go in the next 1 to 4 weeks you will see so many wild flowers to go with the Mt. Rainier views that you WILL be back. Other than that you will hike less than a mile to Lake Elinore which is really great looking and peaceful as well on your way to Grand Park.



Don't go solo. We saw tracks from a cat that was at least 100 pounds and a solo hiker that came up after us saw a black bear and cubs in a meadow just past the lake. We were talking and making noise so I'm sure she walked the cubs into the woods as we came through.

These were taken from the meadow in question.



There is only 1500 feet of elevation gain in the 4.5 miles we hiked into the Grand Park area so virtually anyone could do this hike. The Mini made it to the trailhead but it did get dirty.


Once you get to the Grand Park area the trail heads straight for Mt Rainier and the Crystal Mountain area. The open meadows today were mostly yellow, but there were areas with blues and purples and reds coming up as well.








We had our second breakfast after a brisk 4.5 miles with a fantastic view in front of us and were finished in under 4 hours including breaks. This is now on our list of must hikes.













Starting with the next post I am adding a guilt or no guilt section that will report on my exercise activity or the lack of activity. I hope it keeps me honest and gets me skinny. We'll see I guess.

Be well and more soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment