Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Great Week

Anytime life doesn't get in the way too much is a great week. This week Athena and I were able to get in her favorite 6.7 mile route 3 times for a little over 20 miles. We finished the route today in the rarefied air of 5 MPH with a time of 1:19:15 for 5.07 MPH. We had been barking at the heels of it all week. Our slowest day was over 4.8.

It's nice when we both have IT at the same time.

Hopefully, that will be good training for Camp Muir tomorrow at Mt Rainier. Muir is always interesting. You go from 5000 to 10,080 feet in under 5 miles, but the work on a nice day is more than worth it with views down to Mt Hood including St Helens and Adams as well.

I hope to have some great pictures to post for the next addition of the blog. With cooler temps the horizon should be less hazy - well at least a boy can dream.

I might be crazy, but I don't think I have reached even close to where I can physically. I think I can get faster and stronger and build even more stamina. I plan to push for that as long as I can. I refuse to accept the decline of my health due to age. I think that - like a lot of stuff - is what people unwilling to try have taught us to accept.

Be well and more soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment