Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dumb Bunnies

I feel the need to discuss some dumb bunnies. That being said we will obviously not be talking about Bugs Bunny because he's not dumb. As a matter of fact he's quite wily, but not like Wile E. Coyote who isn't smart at all. I mean if he would have just ordered some Acme Roadrunner Jerky instead of safes and bombs and pianos and slingshots. But I digress.

The first dumb bunny was actually a bunny. Along Athena and my favorite walking route she gets some off lead time along the railroad tracks - a little more than a mile. Lately there have been some bunnies along the way, but they have kept moving and Athena - for all her constant sniffing - never saw one.

Today's bunny was crossing from one side to the other when he saw us and decided to wait around until Athena saw him and play chicken. It worked. She saw him and proceeded to chase him into the brush. I called her and she came right out so the bunny must have made it to his bunny hideout in time. Dumb bunny 1 - Athena 0.

The next dumb bunny is whatever civil engineer - rocket scientist - decided it would be good to move pedestrian crosswalk areas around the corner instead of AT the corner. The average driver drives with tunnel vision and barely notices us at the corner and somehow it made sense to move the walk out of their line of sight so they could be surprised as they turn the corner? No so sharp there Mr. Engineer.

The rule should be that if you are going to design stuff you should have some practical knowledge of how it will be used. They could use that on more than a couple of architects as well. Anyhow, that is dumb bunny two.

I know you're supposed to have 3 things for a good paper or article, but I really only have the 2 and I am trying to bark less and wag more.

Guilt or NO Guilt:

Other than helping set stuff up on Friday at Pam's class reunion I really didn't do any other exercise.
Saturday I did help set up and bar tended for 4 hours or so, but nothing else.
Sunday we walked a modified Sound to Narrows course through Point Defiance 7.5 miles or so.
Monday I recovered from 2 late nights in a row and did nothing
Today I walked 6.7 miles with Athena at 4.84 MPH.

Be well and more soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment