Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Not Even Moderately

I know I've bored everyone to tears with this before, but I heard it too many times lately. "Everything in moderation." Here is a list of stuff that you shouldn't do -even in  moderation.

Smoke. I was a fool and smoked for about 18 years. I know I will never get all of my lung capacity back. They say you can fix most of it with time, but I can't see how.

Get a drug habit. I know it sounds all sexy, but you lose everything and it wrecks your complexion - especially if you end up homeless before you hit bottom.

Oh, is it everything REASONABLE in moderation? OK. Let's talk about reasonable stuff as well.

You should never eat "dead food." I mean stuff that has no nutrition for you. As we've discussed before , it it's not nourishment it's punishment. This type of product can be found in fast food restaurants and the center of grocery stores.

The stuff at the grocery store had lots of ingredients and says stuff like enriched and diet and lo-fat. It will also give you a clue as to it's nature - it will have ingredients you can't pronounce.

But, But, But my mac and cheese, Paully! You can make your own in the same amount of time as the dead boxed crap. You will almost have to have better quality cheese and pasta. You just take a little fat - olive oil or butter and add a like amount of flour and cook it a little then add some milk and when it's hot add some grated cheese and a little salt and pepper and voila you have a cheese sauce.

But Ragu is so easy, Paully! If you must eat pre-made red sauce, at least eat a nice organic version like Muir Glens or one of the others, but tomato sauce for pasta is one of the fastest and easiest things to make. It is easily done before the water is boiling and the pasta cooked so you don't lose time either.

I would address Hamburger Helper but I'd gag and this is a new laptop.

Guilt or no Guilt.

Wednesday - guilt
Thursday - 6.7 miles in 1:22 with Athena.

We have the Vashon High School Class of 1982 reunion this weekend so I'm not sure what or if I'll post. We'll have to wait and see.

Be well and more soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment